Fresh Tomato Salsa
Original recipe makes 4 servings
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 5 serrano chiles, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
In a medium bowl, stir together tomatoes, onion, chili peppers, cilantro, salt, and lime juice. Chill for one hour in the refrigerator before serving.
For the dressing, blend oil, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper.
Roquefort Pear Salad
Original recipe makes 8 servings
- 3 pears - peeled, cored and chopped
- 5 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
In a skillet over medium heat, stir 1/4 cup of sugar together with the pecans. Continue stirring gently until sugar has melted and caramelized the pecans. Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper. Allow to cool, and break into pieces.
In a large serving bowl, layer lettuce, pears, blue cheese, avocado, and green onions. Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with pecans, and serve.